11.12.2009

Old School B12- Sat Nov 14th

Hello B12'ers!


On Wednesday I did a solo lunch run following the same Washington to Scottsdale route most of you did on Tuesday. It was later in the day after what I thought was a bad phone interview, it was hotter than it looked outside, I had some equipment issues (new arm band for the iPod), and I was just feeling generally frustrated and unmotivated. To top it all off I had just made it to the turnaround point and was now staring at what seemed like the biggest hill ever. Suddenly, like a message from the running gods, the low unmistakable intro beat to Eye of the Tiger starting playing on my iPod. In that moment I dug in, focused, and ran as steady as I could up the hill and for the entire 4:08 minutes that is Eye of the Tiger. When the song ended I thought to myself...I need to fill my iPod with songs that motivate me like that one does!

Do you have a song that keeps you going when you want to quit? If so share with the tribe by making a comment on this post. Let us know what song or songs drive you!

This week we are taking it back to the old school also known as meeting at B12 in Tempe. I have created some variations of one route to accommodate a few different distances depending on each individual's goals. They are very similar to each other so we will never be too far away from our fellow members. I pasted pictures and links of each route below. I will bring printed copies of the routes on Sat so that we can review them as a tribe but if you can I would also suggest looking the maps over before coming out on Sat. If you click on the map it will open up bigger to give you a better view. These routes range from 7-9 miles.

Who: B12 Tribe members and anyone else interested in a good time and a good run

What: Long Sat morning run

When: Sat Nov 14th 7:00am start running by 7:15am

Where: B12 1500 N. Priest Dr. Tempe AZ

Why?: Because we love to run!

How?: Through our collective strength and motivation...oh and our legs!

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/az/-tempe/807125806575732126

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/us/az/tempe/651125806638137433

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/az/tempe/294125164911473514

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I don't know if I can top that. I have a variety of random songs that motivates me to keep going.

    The song that comes to mind right now is a song by "Black Eyed Peas" called "BEBOT" - LOL! FILIPINO-FILIPINO-FILIPINO!! HAHAHAAA!!

    See you all tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete