12.06.2009
Temporarily Out of Commission
After taking one week off I decided to go running this morning at an easy pace for a 5.5 mile run. I wore a knee brace for compression on my right knee. I stopped for a few minutes to do some stretches but kept running along with several other runners and walkers in the area. At this point (4+ miles), the pain on my right knee also decided to resurface and began to inject series of pulsating and unbearable pain. My strength attempted to battle the pain away by increasing my speed in order to get home sooner and apply ice on my knee, but I end up stopping multiple times. I must sadly admit defeat and with utter disappointment that my knee problem/pain is for REAL and can no longer be ignored nor tolerated. I am "temporarily out of commission" for an unknown length of time until my knee is fully recovered.
THIS is a HUGE disappointment to me, as you can imagine, since all of you have been on the same arduous journey. Truly, each one of you have been a tremendous source of inspiration this entire time. Again, this is only temporary but I must be now realistic of my current condition...as always - GODSPEED!
Running Route: Gilbert (Jeff's dramatic last run)
View training route II in a larger map
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jeff,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear it brother! Just hang on...I promise that biking will help maintain your fitness and then whatever exercises the Doc orders will help right the knee. While you may be TEMPORARILY off the trail the race can still be completed!
So the next question is...how soon can you get in to see someone?
Sarah M