10.01.2009

B12 Running TRIbe

“My future starts when I wake up every morning…Everyday I find something creative to do with my life.” – Miles Davis


Thank you for those brave souls who showed up last Sunday morning at 6:30 to cheer on members of the B12TRIbe competing in Nathan’s Triathlon Race. It was my rookie run, so of course a few things had to go wrong, like forgetting my race belt and taking a long ass time during the transitions. However, I would do it all over again if I could, actually, a few of B12RT members are competing in Tri races in the upcoming months. Keep a look out for these announcements.


NEW LOCATION/ROUTE FOR THIS SATURDAY! 
SATURDAY - Oct. 3rd – 6:30 am
TEMP: 60’s – 70’s degrees (FINALLY)
WHERE: AHWATUKEE - Scenic and new experience for us all. 
DISTANCE: 10K (6.2 miles) – there are shorter routes as well. 
PACE: JOG, WALK, RUN, SPRINT - we have a variety of running levels, no one gets left behind. 
GOAL: Week 3 or 4 of Training schedule

Running Map/Route: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/az/phoenix/921125294768611581

Directions: I-10 to Chandler BLVD.
                  West on Chandler BLVD
                  South on 48th St.
                  Road ends at Canal (stop to park)
Contacts: Directions & Questions & Comments
Jeff’s cell – 480-577-7264 - jeff.palomares@phoenix.edu
Sara Murphy – Sara.murphy@phoenix.edu
Erin Armstrong – Erin.Armstrong@phoenix.edu


I hope to see some new faces for this Saturday, especially since the weather is soo much cooler now and excuses are running out. hehe! 

1 comment:

  1. So, I just mapquested the route as I am not the most directional savy. The way I recommend is the following:

    10 E to Chandler Blvd.
    Right onto Chandler Blvd.
    Left onto 48th St.
    Follow all the way to the canals

    Hope to see you all there!

    ReplyDelete